Saturday 7 June 2014

Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

This is first Urban Decay product, it is actually a splurge given that I usually try to lower my expenditure on the things I categorize as 'frills'. This splurge was really worth the while especially since I have really Oily skin. I have always been looking for a way to go shine free after makeup and I really hate the shiny glow on the nose and forehead in pictures so I try to minimise sweating but this only helps a little. Urban decay's Deslick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray has did a great job! In Singapore where the weather is like a furnace all the time, this is a must have.


http://www.beautylish.com/p/urban-decay-de-slick-oil-control-makeup-setting-spray
It costs SGD 40 dollars plus minus. And it comes in a travel size and the 118ml packaging. I got both the travel and normal packaging. I use the setting spray after I'm done with all my makeup after applying my loose power. I use 2 sprays each time to set the make up on my face. From what I read from the instructions it was actually supposed to be sprayed twice, in a 'X' followed by a 'T' before and after make up application. I don't really follow the application directions as I feel that it coats the face with a layer of film. It is actually quite weightless, but it changes my foundation a little. (perhaps it my eyes failing me, but I feel the difference in the colour. Let me know if yours does too!). It makes my makeup have an orange tint. However, I do not deny it effects in helping with the oil control, it is actually a really good product that makes my make up last longer. My makeup use to be able to last about 6-8 hours or slightly longer before I start feeling greasy and all sticky from my melting makeup. But  after the application it can actually last about 12 hours before my make up starts melting. My face in the photos taken during the 12 hours stayed matte and I didn't have to pat n more loose powder.

Compared to having my make up all smudged up all shiny I would rather have a little orange tint while I rock the photo! I actually try to make the orange tint less obvious by patting on a little loose powder on top of my setting spray application. The orange tint is only obvious on foundation for some reason. It doesn't change the colour of my CC cream though. What makes more awesome is that it makes by eye brow powder last all day too. I don't use the eyebrow pencils as I have a gap in my left brow and powder does a better job filling up the space.

To end it off I would give the product a MUST HAVE label as it is really important for anyone with oily skin to keep the shine off all day.

here are more photos of the bottle.





It is paraben free so it is suited for people with skin allergies too! Please pardon my lousy photo taking skills. 




No comments:

Post a Comment