Tuesday 10 June 2014

KRABI IN THE MAY II



What we did
During or trip, for land we covered elephant trekking and ATV rides in the mountain area as well as beach exploring along the side of the streets. The Sunset was so pretty it was a perfect spot to get stunning pictures. Here’s one taken with my iphone 4s. 

 


Next we walked down the streets to explore some of the food and massage parlours available. There were so many food places available. The prices for food were cheap and the prices are best after off peak hour. If you drink, then the happy hour liquors would be great for you however, for restaurants they close relatively early so if you want to settle dinner then you would have to get it before 11 or 12. The bar closes late at night so you can chill there as long as you want till they close. 

The food was the authentic Thai food style, the do have some western if you can’t take the spices. But some of the places had really good Tom Yum soup; the green curry and red curry are great too. It was really to the taste buds of spicy food lovers like me. The sourness was moderate for me but that’s subjective as I’m accustomed to spicy food.
The massage parlours are opened till around 11pm and latest 12 mn. The massages were really affordable at 250-350 Thai Bhat ( which is about 6-12 SGD)depending on which massage you are doing. We had the luxury to have a massage done every night. The best is still the traditional Thai massage where they really give you a head to toe relaxation and stretching service. 
 


Elephant trekking and ATV ride


The elephant ride was really a one off experience, I mean it would have probably been the same as a camel ride but it was my first time on an animal. The idea of it was really interesting, however, I regretted once I stepped into the area for elephant ridding. The problem was that these elephants are tamed and whipped in command by a trainer. When I first imagined it I didn’t expect all the ropes around it as well as the whipping. All I imagined was the walking and me sitting on the seat. From what I see, I can pretty much guess that the relationship between these elephants and the trainers are synergistic where they actually benefit from each other. However, from my perspective as a consumer, the guilt was still hard to bear as these animals which could have been running free are tied and restricted. 

Next was the ATV Ride! It was exhilarating. Well.. Personally, I don’t have a driving licence and I feel that driving is really scary. But this was different; it was like a motorbike but 100 times safer! I sucked initially but after a few getting used to and trials I managed to cope relatively well. And woohoo! We were off the terrains. It was really fun, the ups and downs together with the majestic geographic sculptures. All the flying sands and the drifting almost like a real life Kartrider without the banana skin and the water bombs.  It was one memory worth keeping for the rest of my life! To add on the person at the ATV booth was really nice, he actually extended our time for free. We played for almost 3 hours. There would also be a guide to bring us around the terrains which made the while experience safe if you are concerned about getting an on an episode of Lost.

Okay let’s go on to the water sports. 

No comments:

Post a Comment